Monday, May 01, 2006

book heaven

Jeff & I were in Rochester on Saturday and stopped at Starbucks for a grande Americano (my fav). Next to the coffee place was a new store "BOOK OUTLET" -- imagine that! A bookstore next to a Starbucks -- hmmm, wonder if they will do any business?
I think it might be one of these chain remainder places; their prices were advertised as 70% off the price on the jacket. I got three paperbacks and a hardcover for $23.31 -- bless my lil bibliohungry heart!
Here's what I got:
Trash, short stories by Dorothy Allison (she of the Bastard out of Carolina fame, which is probably one of the more disturbing fictional takes on child sexual abuse)
The Overworked American, by Juliet Schor (geez, like we didn't know that already!)
American Dynasty, by Kevin Phillips (author of political-social-economic history, Wealth and Poverty)
Things you Should Know, short stories by A.M. Homes (wicked, ace writer!)

When I will have time to read all the above? Hmm...probably not this year unfortunately, but the deal was too good to pass up!

No comments: